Friday, November 30, 2012

Book Blogger Hop: November 30-December 6

 Book Blogger Hop

This week's Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Anglers Rest and we are asked the following:


Question - Apart from being readers, many of us collect books on a specific subject or by a particular author. What books or which author do you collect?

I have several authors of whom I collect books, but usually because they are part of a series.  I have all the David Eddings Belgariad and Mallorean books, the first 8 Sookie Stackhouse books, a lot by Pier Anthony, etc.  Romances, however, I will by because of the author.  I have a plethora of Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood, Victoria Alexander, Nora Roberts and Jude Deveraux.

As far as subject goes, I tend to like historical mysteries set at the turn of the last century or during the Napoleonic Wars (not that I prefer those time periods, but it seems that many authors do and I like their books).  They are by C. S. Harris (Sebastian St. Cyr), Tasha Alexander (Lady Emily), Deanna Raybourn (Lady Julia), Rhys Bowen (Molly Murphy and Her Royal Spyness) and Shirley Tallman (Sarah Woolson).

11 comments:

  1. I don't really collect books by any specific author, but I do like to keep my historical fiction books.


    Happy Hopping!!

    Stop by for my answer (below) if you like and also to see a review of THE SECRET KEEPER

    AND

    A review and E-book giveaway of MURDER TAKES TIME

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love Piers Anthony's Xanth series. I had a ton of his books when I was younger, but I don't know where they went. And I used to really love romance. I was a huge Jude Devereaux fan and I loved Julia Garwood. But then Julia Garwood started writing the crime/love stories, which I didn't like. And, once I discovered YA, I found that I like reading about teens more than adults, so I got addicted to that.

    I collect Cassie Clare's books. I want to have them all in hardback and I already have a few of them signed. I also have all my wonderful HP books, and The whole Gunslinger series by Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xanth is what I read, too. :) I got through so many of them before I finally put them down. They got a bit too "punny" for me. And like you, that was when I was younger. I read more romance when I was younger, too. My first romance was Jude Deveraux (the Princess) and so I'll always love her. I haven't read Garwood's crime stories, but I have no interest. Like you, I'm enjoying YA. :)

      I haven't heard of Cassie Clare - I'll have to check her out!

      Delete
  3. Series can be addictive. Historical mystery series have hooked me too, although I'm only following a couple. I also like YA, but mainly YA historicals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like YA historicals, too. Have you read Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty?

      Delete
  4. The only book I've read by Jude Deveraux was, A Knight in Shinning Armor. It made me cry. What other book do you recommend by her?

    My answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked her books Sweet Liar and The Princess. And A Knight in Shinning Armor made me cry too. :) But I liked almost all her books about the Montgomerys and their Taggert cousins. Because of Jude I think I became brain washed to like tall, dark haired, dark eyed men...as is evidenced by my husband. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a Terry Brooks girl. I have a long way to go since there are 17 books in his Shannara series (actually more now). I love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like historical mysteries too, although the ones I read are usually set in ancient Rome.


    My Blog Hop post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever read a mystery set in ancient Rome. Sounds interesting!

      Delete