Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Merry-Go-Round by Donna Fasano

The Merry-Go-Round 
Genre: Romance
Rating: 4 stars

Independent lawyer Lauren Flynn is finally getting what she wants: a divorce from her husband, Greg.  When he lost his hardware store, and all her retirement savings, Laura had had enough.  A year later and she's getting her divorce and a piece of land she didn't know about, which comes with a Merry-Go-Round on it.  Restoring the Merry-Go-Round becomes her project, and brings her and Greg together.  But she's interested in moving on - with her teenaged client's sexy father, Scott.  Will she choice to start over with Scott or will she go back to her past - Greg?

I like Donna Fasano's books.  They're sweet, realistic and modern.  Lauren doesn't need a man and she's a modern woman.  I tend to get annoyed with contemporary romances with weak, virginal women.  Lauren is not those things.  Both guys, Greg and Scott, were sexy.  Although Scott had some, er, problems.  Which brings me to Norma Jean, Lauren's secretary, who was freakin' hilarious.  She was the comic element of the book.  The only character I didn't like was Lauren's father.  He was just your typical curmudgeon, but I'm not a fan of curmudgeons.

Anyway, great book, sexy and funny, with a super sweet ending.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute, fun book. I'm reading Saving June right now, which is REALLY good so far, but definitely not light or fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look that up. Who is the author?

      Delete
  2. I just recently found this author, and I enjoyed all of her books I've read. I am so glad you enjoyed this book, because I just downloaded it today on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad you are doing the reviews on books. I'm a follower now.

    ReplyDelete