Monday, April 29, 2013

Author Appreciation Day Blog Hop!



Before I was a book blogger, and before I knew any authors, I didn't realize the importance of book ratings and reviews.  Authors rely on readers to review their books and post those reviews online.  How many times have I been swayed by a review and end up purchasing a book?  I always look at how many stars a book has on Amazon, and how many people rated it, before I purchase.  I've only been rating and reviewing the books I read for a few years now, and only recently on Amazon.

Well, after talking to an author friend and lamenting that a fellow friend should have more ratings for her book than she did, we decided to do something about it.  We have decided that this Friday, May 3rd, shall be Author Appreciation Day.  And we decided to make it a blog hop! 

All you have to do is pick a book you like that you haven't rated or reviewed and post it up on your blog with a sentence or two (or more) about why you liked it.  Then, link your post with the LinkyTool so we can check out who you've chosen.

And since you've done that much, maybe you can put that review/rating up on Amazon, Goodreads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc? 

Let's make history today and celebrate those fabulous people who teach us things, transport us to other worlds, make us fall in love and also show us an alarming number of elaborate ways to kill someone. :) 

Use the hashtag #huganauthor on twitter on Friday.  Let's see if we can get it to trend!



14 comments:

  1. Sounds fun? What is the deadline to post? I am almost done with a book that I'd like to use, but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I meant to say "Sounds fun!" not "Sounds fun?" lol, sorry

      Delete
    2. Maybe I should just read the post more carefully. Friday. Okay, I'm in. :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, maybe I'm not done commenting. Would you mind if I stole your idea and created Book Blogger Appreciation Day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea, and I already have my post! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm excited - I want it to blow up and increase everyone's ratings! :)

      Delete
  4. So should people who don't normally review books (like me) review a book tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! And if you're not into doing it on your blog, you can always post a review on Amazon or one of the other sites. And it doesn't have to be a long drawn out review. It can be "Dark and intense. I couldn't put it down." Or some such.

      I'm just trying to get people to post reviews. It means so much to authors.

      Delete
    2. Okay awesome! I will give it a try! This is a great idea! Thanks for hosting. :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a great idea! I didn't have time to write up a post or a full review, but I'd still like to participate in the hop, so I'm going to go through my goodreads account and add ratings and maybe some mini-reviews to some books I read pre-blog.

    I was thinking if people were interested you can make this a regular feature (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, whatever) and have the same focus of posting a review of a book you haven't read recently, but haven't reviewed yet and want people to know about. I tried doing it just on my own (without any linky or anything), but I only ever got around to posting one review. Might be fun to have more people involved. Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Christine! You can always co-host the blog hop with me. :)

      I've been doing a lot of mini-reviews today. Just to get something across as to why I liked it. And I'm tweeting my face off - trying to show the love!

      Delete
  6. the number is around 40 percent of what you make right now.Most folks will want at least 70 percent of their earnings to live comfortably after retiring.satta king

    satta king

    satta king

    ReplyDelete