Friday, April 5, 2013

Eight Series I Stalk

Happy Friday!

Every year I have my list of the series books that I eagerly await the newest book to be released.  However, I never remember when each of them are coming out.  So here are the books that I await each year and am in the process of procuring and reading.  I'm late to the game on some of them (which I didn't realize until I posted this!), but now that I've written them down, I'll be sure to stay on top of the rest.  I also didn't realize until I'd written them down that they're all mysteries.  Hmmm...telling, huh?

Death in the Floating City ...
1. Death In The Floating City, Tasha Alexander, published Oct 12, 2012.  This is book 7 in the Lady Emily series.  The series follows Lady Emily as she uncovers murders in Victorian England.  Romance, mystery, murder and humor, I love this series, but clearly I'm behind on reading it.
Death on Telegraph Hill
2. Death on Telegraph Hill by Shirley Tallman, published October 16, 2012.  This series is about Sarah Woolson, a sleuthing female lawyer in late 19th Century San Francisco.  I love a strong heroine and a female lawyer in a time when men ruled the profession definitely counts.  The 4th in the series, this series has, again, romance, murder and mystery, although less romance and more mystery than anything. UPDATED: READ!
What Darkness Brings (Sebas...
3. What Darkness Brings, C.S. Harris, published March 5, 2013.  The 8th in the Sebastian St. Cyr series, this is about an early 17th Century English lord who goes against popular society and solves murders. Gruesome murders, hot romance and a history lesson thrown in, it's more serious than the other mysteries on my list. UPDATED: READ!
India Black and the Shadows...
4. India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy, Carol K. Carr, published February 5, 2013. This series follows a madam (as in of a whore house) who helps a secret agent for the Prime Minister solve mysteries in Victorian London.  A madam solving mysteries!  Love it! UPDATED: READ!
The Passion of the Purple P...
5. The Passion Of The Pink Plumeria, Lauren Willig, expected publication August 6, 2013.  This is number 10 in the Pink Carnation series.  Set during the Napoleonic Wars, each book in this series features a different spy (with a flower name).  It's a mystery, yes, but mostly it's a romance.  They are fun, lighthearted and sweet.
The Family Way (Molly Murph...
6. The Family Way, Rhys Bowen published March 5, 2013. The 12th of the Molly Murphy mysteries, this series follows Irish immigrant Molly Murphy and her attempts at being a private eye in early 1900s New York.  Once again, romance and mystery with a very strong female character. UPDATED: READ!
Murder in Chelsea
7. Murder in Chelsea, Victoria Thompson, expected publication May 7, 2013.  Sarah Brandt is a member of New York City's upper class, but she deserts that to become a midwife.  She starts helping a policeman solve murders and crimes in early 1900s New York City.  I love the murders and mysteries in this but mostly I love the interaction between Sarah and the policeman, Frank. UPDATED: READ!
Heirs and Graces (Her Royal...
8. Heirs and Graces, Rhys Bowen, expected publication August 6, 2013. Number 7 for the Her Royal Spyness series, this is about Lady Georgianna Rannoch, 35th in line for the throne.  Dirt poor and struggling in England during the depression, Georgie has the bad luck of always seeming to stumble upon murder.  With the help of the dashing Darcy O'Mara, they manage to solve them, but not without a lot of humor and sticky situations.  I love the lightheartedness of these mysteries and the fact that Georgie is not a perfect lady at all.

What about you?  Do you have any book series which you wait on pins and needles for the next installment?

7 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were such a mystery buff, Sus! :)

    Right now I'm happily reading a book I'd been waiting a year for, "Clockwork Princess" by Cassandra Clare. I am also EAGERLY awaiting the last book in The Mortal Instruments series (also by Cassie Clare) which, tragically, will not be released till 2014. :(

    Other than that, I'm really looking forward to Dr. Sleep, which is the sequel to The Shining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the first book in the Immortal Instruments series, I just need time to get to it. I'm sure I'll be sucked right in. :)

      Delete
  2. yes! janet evanovich... love the plum series, but not the extra add on stories, just the original series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot about Stephanie Plum. DUH! I still haven't read #19. My dad got it for Christmas and still hasn't read it so he hasn't passed it on to me. Do you think Steph will finally FINALLY pick either Ranger or Morelli?

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to start the Pink Carnation series, but I just haven't gotten around to it...I have LOTS of other series I stalk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pink Carnation series is just sweet and fun. Very light hearted.

      Delete
  4. Think about taking out a reverse mortgages. You won't have to worry about paying it back, rather the money is due from your estate after you die. This is a great way to raise additional funds if you need them.
    play bazaar
    play bazaar

    satta king

    ReplyDelete